The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
The Finance officer is responsible for accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and cash management per DRC guidelines. The finance officer has a key role in keep track of all financial operations, provide support to activities that include financial components and support Base Manager in ensuring smooth operation of Finance in DRC East Amman Office.
About the job:
The individual will report directly to Base Manager . Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the Cash for work payments on weekly and monthly basis for the ongoing project in areas of East Amman.
- Follow up on workers’ contracts, payments according to attendance, and any other related tasks.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- Ensure data is entered into the system
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Prepare Income statements as needed
- Prepare balance sheets as needed
- Help logistics in preparing monthly asset list
- Assist with audits when required
- Maintain the computerized accounting system
- Maintain the financial files and records
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports
- Maintain the contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed,closed, or paid on time
- Carry out all cash and bank transaction
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis
- Filing, Scanning, and sending the monthly financial documents to the coordination office in Amman
- To prepare the closure of accounts at the end of month
- To verify that any purchase is covered by the appropriate authorization and signed by authorized team member & to fill in the cash book on a daily basis
- To assist in the preparation of supporting documents to submit to donors, based on the financial reports
- Any other duties as requested by the Base Manager
Required / Desirable:
- Relevant academic education - Bachelor degree in accounting or Business Administration preferred
- At least two years finance experience in a busy organization, preferably in an NGO setting
- Prior experience working with donor-funded projects/programs
- Good and clear communication and writing skills in English
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel and Windows)
- Detail oriented
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English