Norwegian Refugee Council, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Support the AM in Kyangwali in day to day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provides assistance in timely monthly closing and ensuring Area Offices are able to close on agreed upon deadlines
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and insure that they are timely received.
- Work closely with logistic department to insure that asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets.
- Prepare a trip report for each assignment and submit to FC and FM
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and NRC internal controls.
- Assist in yearend closing and audit document preparation
- Participate in and facilitate country finance workshops and training as required;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications
- In collaboration with AM and Field Coordinator development of area master support budget
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- 3 year of INGO experience is a plus
- CPA2 qualification is added advantage
- Knowledge of Aggresso is added advantage.
Education level: Academy college / University
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- High integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint