FHI 360, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
The Finance Officer is responsible for overall financial management of Project. Under the supervision of the Senior Accounts Officer, Finance Officer should maintain the Country Office accounting system in accordance with FHI 360 and agreed financial control policies and procedures.
- Review vouchers/invoices submitted to FHI 360/Nepal in order to verify items claimed are in accordance with the agreement and actually delivered or performed
- Ensure timely payments made to the consultants and vendors
- Provide logistic support and assist in financial clearance for workshop/training.
- Assist in procurement and renovation of lab
- Prepare and submit cash flow request in timely manner
- Review travel claims for correction and verification that the claim conforms with travel authorizations and regulations regarding route, per diem, accommodation, and use of proper transportation, determining if a travel advance was issued and computing the amount due to the traveler or FHI 360/Nepal
- Ensure proper functioning of FHI 360 GFAS accounting system and coordinates with HQ & APRO as required for ongoing updates
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement, receivable and payable reconciliation and advance reconciliation for the monthly closing
- Ensure timely submission of GFAS report to HQ with all supporting documents
- Maintain regular contacts with the bank, vendors and service contractors as required
- Maintain country office staff timesheet and leave record
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on financial transaction as required
- Assist Senior Accounts Officer in developing quarterly and annual budgets for the funder and develops report for management decision-making process
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for submission to FHI 360/APRO, HQ and donors
- Assist in carrying out internal and external auditing functions
- Master’s degree in accounting or business management or related field with minimum three years of work experience or bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management or related field with minimum of five years of experience
- Knowledge and experience with accounting and financial system
- Experience in computerized accounting system
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to PEPFAR and USAID work priorities and deadlines
- Experience with USAID rules and regulations
- Ability to work in teams and create collaborative team building environment
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.