The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
The Finance Officer is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining the cash Book, keeping timely and updated records of all transactions, and maintaining accounts payable. The Finance officer in Azraq camp is also responsible for all cash related transactions conducted through activities.
About the job:
The individual will report directly to Project Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To verify that any purchase is covered by the appropriate authorization and signed by authorized team member & to Fill in the cash book on a daily basis.
- Provide financial technical support for field staff.
- Assist the Project Manager with budget monitoring.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain the cash book and reconcile the general ledger.
- Coordinate closely with the Project Manager for accurate budget forecasting and cash advances for needed payments each month.
- Coordinate with the livelihoods unit on the documentation and tracking of all cash transfers and payments.
- Obtain the needed cash for payments from the Amman office.
- Administer cash payments for business grants and monthly incentive-based volunteer salaries and ensure receipts are signed and kept for records.
- Administer cash payments for productive activities as needed.
- Monitor BFU and cash book for productive income-generating activities.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into DRC’s accounting system (DRC Dynamics)
- Ensure proper documentation is provided with all PRs, RFPs, and purchase orders.
- Maintain the financial files and records and make sure original copies are transported to the Amman office on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Maintain the contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly basis with the NFAC and on a monthly basis with the Project manager.
- Coordinate closely with the Finance Manager for support and accurate/updated procedures and processes.
- Sending the monthly financial documents and arrange vouchers including supporting documents for main office in Amman.
About you: University degree in economics, business development and planning, or other related fields..
Required / Desirable:
- 2 year of experience in working in the field, preferably in a camp context.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and communication skills.
- Stress management
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Arabic