FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Officer for the Civil Society and Media Project, a USAID-supported initiative. The Project aims to respond to civil society needs by:
- improving civil society capacity to engage in democratic processes and policy dialogue;
- increasing the availability of and access to information on democratic governance and reform issues; and
- expanding inclusive public dialogue and political space.
The Finance Officer will be based in Yangon, and will support the development and management of subawards issued by FHI 360, with a particular focus on verifying costs of planned grants. This position requires the ability to interpret and administer a variety of regulations, policies, grant agreements, and award documents to determine grant compliance requirements, allowable expenditures, payment provisions, and financial and other reporting requirements and financial monitoring information. The Finance Officer should demonstrate understanding of grant and financial management and should possess a good Interpersonal and negotiation skills in resolving issues with In-country FHI 360 staff. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in reviewing and analyzing the budgets submitted by prospective and existing awardees to ensure that present costs are in an accurate manner and all are compliance with FHI 360 requirements.
- Verify costs proposed and submitted by prospective and existing awardees’ activities and budget are consistent.
- Liaise with awardees to procure the needed documentation and information verifying costs and another backup documentation.
- Ensure that costs in final awardee budgets are real, reasonable, allocable and necessary costs. Record these facts in documents presenting cost verification in detail.
- Carry out verification visits and checks to ensure alignment between proposed and actual costs, especially for cost-reimbursable grants.
- Review monthly financial reports of implementing partners that have received financial support from FHI 360.
- Maintain, expand and improve FHI 360’s database of market costs.
- Review and analyze account balances related to sub-awardees and update and maintain FHI 360's web-based Sub-award Tracking System on regular basis.
- Participate and play an active role in relevant internal and external meetings.
- Check vouchers and financial documents for accuracy, and prepare payments to ensure efficient cash disbursements for project implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements for this position are:
- A Bachelor's Degree in accounting and or equivalent professional level;
- A strong command of relevant professional theory, techniques, practices and procedures, with fair knowledge of contracting principles;
- At least four years' experience locally or internationally in grants and financial management;
- A sound knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and processes;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in English and Myanmar language