Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of Finance Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The purpose of the job is to make sure that the financial issues within central area is managed, filed and reported timely. The post holder is responsible on implementation of NRC financial systems, policies and procedures in area level
Note: For more details about the position, kindly refer to the job description attached at the bottom.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents are done according to NRC standard the guideline.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports related to area finance activities to finance coordinator.
- Be responsible for budget tracking and controlling pertaining to all projects.
- Be responsible for verifying of payments to contractors, & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC Financial policies and procedures.
- Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain all financial records properly (hard copy and soft version).
- Verification of staff salary payroll, perdiem, overtime, travel and other allowances.
- Shall arrange hawala agent/money exchanger for transferring money to NRC office, and beneficiary payments.
- Supervise, monitor the cashbooks and report on daily basis to finance coordinator and on monthly basis to SO Finance Department.
- Shall do cash counts, reconciliation, pending checks and report to SO on monthly basis.
- Shall promote exchange of information and cooperation with relevant department in SO as well as with support coordinator & project managers.
- Shall participate in all suppliers biding selection committees.
- Induction training to newly hired staff (finance) when needed.
- In coordination with PMs prepare bimonthly forecast, obtain an approval from AM, and then send it to SO finance for final approval.
- Request SO for transferring fund to central office bank account.
- Be responsible for correction of errors in report as and when necessary.
- 5 years’ experience working as a Finance Officer/Finance assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the local language Dari and Pushto.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
- being able to take decision that impact on delivery of activities and services.
Education title: Bachelor Degree in Business administration or equivalence.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect