PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Finance Officer V-G role serves as an assistant to the Head of Finance in performing the major financial accounting, payroll and regulatory compliance of the GCKL office. They ensure that KL GC offsite has financial tools, information and reports to achieve desired results, and apply and ensure compliance with corporate finance policies and procedures.
Individuals within the Finance Management job family are responsible for the day to day management of business support functions for the KL office. This includes contract management, financial accounting, financial management, cash management, payroll, employee support and other administrative support required for the KL office to achieve its goals.
Individuals in this job family work with all levels of staff and management to ensure the KL office has the tools, information, and reports needed to achieve desired results. They provide coordination and partner with corporate groups (e.g., Procurement, Human Resources, and Finance) for the representation and fulfillment of the local office requirements. They ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Individuals in this job family must have the ability to get work accomplished through staff across the KL office, business partners and functional areas. They must possess communication and organization skills.
- To review and approve daily JEs, CDs and DVs to ensure acc
- uracy and consistency.
- To ensure cash book updated and payment vouchers reviewed.
- Act as local administrator for Cashwyze funding system. Forecasting and requesting funding three months in advance.
- To prepare bank recon and balance sheet recon.
- To review and approve dental and medical claims have been updated and in line with company policy.
- To review and approve monthly prepayment and accruals are in accordance with accounting policies.
- To prepare year end closing reports.
- To maintain fixed asset listing for KL office and it is updated on a monthly basis.
- To periodically review the internal controls of the office.
- To update the KL finance policies and procedures periodically.
- Assist the finance staff in other GC offices in their postings and reporting.
- Assist in intercompany reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
Audit & Tax:
- Preparation of audit and tax schedules.
- To ensure audit and tax supporting documents are in order before submission to relevant parties.
- To assist tax agent and auditors on any request.
HR and Payroll:
- Monthly salary and statutory deductions computation and payments done on time.
- Monthly and yearly statutory forms to be submitted to relevant authorities and employees.
- To coordinate the opening of bank account for new hire and preparation of the documents needed.
- To coordinate with tax agent on documents required for expat tax computation.
Ad Hoc Related Tasks:
- Assist in other related task as required by Manager.
- Remain current and increase in knowledge in the finance related areas utilizing self-study and continuous education efforts.
- Supervisory Role:
- Supervise and guide the assistant in performing his/her various tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance with equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in Accounting and Finance.
- Independent in self learning and leading a team.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in using Sunsystem or any related accounting software system, AP system, HR/Payroll related systems.
- Payroll and regulatory compliance.
- Non profit work environment.
- Preferably with experience in preparation of financial reporting package.