Norwegian Refugee Council, Herat, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The Finance Officer is responsible for all financial matters related to KFW project. He/ She is responsible to verify all financial documents, release the payments, record transactions and posting. In addition, he/ she is responsible to prepare financial report, forecast and spending plans for KFW projectDuties and responsibilities
Ensure adherence with NRC and donor policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
Ensure proper filing of documents
Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Ensure adherence with NRC and donor financial policies, tools and handbooks.
- Responsible for all verification of financial documents related to KFW project.
- Responsible for verification of staff salary payroll, per deim, travel and other allowances.
- Responsible for monthly national salary post backs.
- Responsible for verifying of payments to contractors and suppliers
- Responsible for all posting related to the project.
- Responsible to follow up all accruals and prepayments.
- Responsible for monthly financial report.
- Responsible to prepare financial reports to donor and management
- Maintain and follow supplier tax clearing forms
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliation
- Responsible for daily cash count and cash management
- Responsible for maintaining hard and soft financial documents
- Responsible for maintaining budget tracking sheet
- Responsible for preparing operational plans (forecast and spending plans)
- Submission of monthly financial report to Kabul office.
- In coordination with FC, representing Finance department on procurement committees
- Responsible for tracking of all grant instalments under KFW
- In coordination with the Livelihoods and Food Security programme, work closely with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and banks to facilitate loans and bank payments;
- Follow up of beneficiaries’ payments
- Provision of monthly cash forecast
- Responsible for provision/compiling of all financial related documents of KFW project
- Verifying all financial documents related to KFW
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-
- . based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses Any other related duties as assigned by his/her line manager.
- Holding valid university degree in finance/accounting, business administration, Economics or equivalent degree.
- 3-year experience in finance, accounting or equivalent section, preferably with experience in INGOs, UN, German donors or donors outside of Afghanistan.
- Active problem solving with a focus on collegial working and supportive staff to own solutions.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with a diverse team.
- Personal commitment and drive for timely and high-quality results
- Strategic perspective and keen to take ownership of finance functions, challenges, and solutions of Herat Office.
- Proactive, able to multi-task and flexible to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Familiarity with project cycle financial management and donor reporting.
- Comfortable and willing to work in a dynamic security context.
- Experience designing and implementing financial best practice.
- Experience with a livelihoods programming, and dealing with small and medium enterprises related to loans and banks.
- Demonstrated experience of capacity building of staff through coaching, training and mentoring.
- Dynamic and motivated with a positive and collegial attitude to joint problem solving.
- Strong focus on timely and quality outputs. Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and with competing priorities
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment