The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kitshanga, DR Congo.
The objective is to implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
- Ensure that project funds are correctly managed according to the specifications of Welthungerhilfe (WHH) and co-financers. This includes liquidity planning of project, fund request, bank transactions, bookkeeping, preparation of end-of-month accounts and prompt financial reports or reports on expenditure of funds in cooperation with the Head of Finance in Country Office
- Ensure that documentation of data, account assignment and bookkeeping entries are carried out correctly in bookkeeping software
- Ensure that costs are cleared internally within a project or between projects (correct allocation of costs)
- Prepare documentation on expenditures and budget control while ensuring their approval by the Head of Project who assume the overall budgetary responsibility for the project
- Prepare annual account documents in cooperation with the Head of Project and Head of Finance in Country Office
- Instruct, advise, and supervise the local administrative staff
- Verify purchases and awarding contracts according to valid regulations of WHH and co-financers
- Monitor and correctly process relief supplies and other equipment, particularly in terms of compliance with import regulations, monitor inventory accounting, physical inventory inspection
- Ensure that the project's financial administrative processes at the project location are auditable and efficient
- Instruct and support project partner organizations in matters relating to financial management so that they fulfil their contractual obligations towards WHH and co-financers in accordance with the partner contract and in an auditable manner
- A relevant university or polytechnic degree in the fields of finance, accounting or controlling
- 2-5 years professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Coordination and organizational skills, even under high workload
- Intercultural competence and ability to cope in a team
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Fluency in French and English; Swahili and/or German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits" underneath the official job posting.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by January 15, 2020.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.