Norwegian Refugee Council, Kandahar, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of Finance Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The purpose of the job is to make sure that the financial issues within South Area is managed, filed and reported timely. The post holder is responsible on implementation of NRC financial systems, policies and procedures in area level.
You can read more about this position here: Job Description NRC Grade Structure
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs
- Ensure that budgeting, accounting, year-end procedures and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the Accounting.
- Make sure that all the costs are booked according to the project timeline
- Make sure that costs are not booked to the close project
- Be flexible to travel to field offices as and when necessary.
- Proper checking of (Project code, Account code, Activity code, Cost center, Res#, Donor account, Supplier ID and description) after data posted into system.
- Responsible for filling and follow up of financial transaction vouchers on monthly basis.
- Provide vouchers to the auditor upon request.
- Timely advice to field offices in case of errors in prior consultation with Finance Coordinator
- The given task should be completed within the time-frame identified by Field Office Coordinator and finance team
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Ensure that the filling, scanning, file reconciliations are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Maintain control on the document in the archive
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- 3 years’ experience working as a Finance Officer/Finance assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Having Bachelor Degree in Business administration or equivalence
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programs.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust