Norwegian Refugee Council , Yemen
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to a plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Record financial transactions in Agresso Accounting System on daily basis.
- Prepare cash boxes and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all financial and accounting files and transactions.
- Ensure there is sufficient cash in the bank and in cash boxes.
- Ensure, in coordination with the relevant project staff, that project/program expenditures are incurred consistent with grant agreements and grant budgets.
- Verify supporting documents to ensure completeness before payments are processed.
- Ensure proper and adequate filing system for financial documents.
- Conduct weekly cash counts with the Finance Assistant and month end cash counts with the Finance Coordinator.
- Conduct and following up financial reports with Implementing Partners and report any violation of the terms of signed agreement between IP & NRC.
- Prepare all necessary information for internal or external audits.
- Assign duties, supervise, train and line manage the Finance Assistant.
- Follow up on cash advances and ensure time clearance with the staff concerned.
- Assist in accounting procedures reviews to ensure compliance with all the applicable accounting laws and statutory regulations and NRC policy requirements.
- Assisting in any other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting in Finance/Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High integrity.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems.
- Numerical skills