Danish Refugee Council, Tikrit, Iraq
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
- In close cooperation with the Support Services Team Leader, reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines set out in the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook, the country’s laws, and donor requirements.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to Country Office.
- To ensure that all payments are done only if supported by vouchers complaining with DRC and donors’ requirements.
- To ensure that advances and deposits are settled within 2 weeks after an outlay is taken.
- To notify any rebooking that is considered necessary.
- Ensure payments to suppliers and recurrent expenditures are made in a timely manner with the appropriate authorization.
- Control all the supporting documentation produced in the Area office/field office.
- Monitor with HR/Admin Officer, staff phone bills on a monthly basis and follow up on reimbursements from staff for private or international calls;
- Brief the Area Support Services Team Leader on matters associated with finance on a bi-weekly and monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Area Support Services Team Leader to ensure that through and effective budgetary control is undertaken in Tikrit Area Office.
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of finance staff, field staff, and national partners.
- Oversee the project-end procedures, ensuring that all payments are finalized within the liquidation period and all payments have been committed within the project period
- Prepare for local audits in collaboration with Country Office fielding requests as needed.
- Ensure that inventory and assets lists are maintained and regularly updated in coordination with logistics department.
- Ensure daily reconciliations between the cashbooks and dynamics has been done and any discrepancies are reported to the Area Support Services Team Leader with a clear plan on remedial actions.
- To supervise and control the filing/archive of the vouchers.
- Monitor and ensure up to date balances in the balance sheet accounts that relate to Tikrit Area.
- Monitor the bank balances and ensure that office is liquid enough to meet the DRC obligations to the third parties.
- Compile all the cash counts and payments tracker and submit to the Support Services Team Leader on weekly basis.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Knowledge of donors guidelines and procedures
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Able to work independently and energetically
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, and advanced Excel proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English (fluent speaking & writing)
- Arabic (fluent speaking & writing)