Closing Date for Applications:
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship will be considered.
The Finance Officer will maintain the project's financial records on a daily basis and process routine
- Transactions. The Finance Officer is responsible for managing overall accounting and financial control systems for MSI/YCLE Jordan Office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. In addition, the Finance Officer will manage bookkeeping, bank accounts, and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to MSI HQ, and cash flow management.
- Maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with U.S government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable)
- Manage the preparation and submission of the MSI/Yemen monthly expenditure reports, ensuing that they are accurate, complete and submitted to MSI/Yemen Finance Director in a timely manner
- Manage the preparation and submission of the monthly fund projections ensuring that they are accurate and complete
- Work in close collaboration with the Finance Director and other senior MSI/Jordon staff for project budget and expense planning
- Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in a computerized accounting system and ensure MSI accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented
- Develop a plan to monitor all project-related funds
- Design and manage prefect audits and financial reviews
- Maintain a close coordination with all the senior staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention
- Other accounting, financial management and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position assigned from time to time by the respective supervisor/s
- University degree in accounting, finance, or similar field required
- Minimum of five years' experience in an equivalent position
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software is preferred
- Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred
- Knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 is desired
- Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Fluency in English and Arabic preferred.