Save the Children, Quezon City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Finance management is a key component of the Civil Society Organization (CSO) Strengthening Project, Evolving a Self-Reliant Culture in Strategic Organizations and Capacitating Them to Mobilize Local Resources, which aims to strengthen the capacity of CSOs and CSO networks that can serve as Learning Resource Organizations (LROs).The project’s Finance Officer will be responsible for managing the financial operations of the project and will ensure that transactions are in accordance to USAID’s policies. The Finance Officer will be mainly responsible for BvA review, spending analysis of the Project grant, monthly gap analysis (staffing and non-staffing support costs, budget proposal, donor report preparation, and any other budgetary tasks. S/he will also develop and finalize financial reports for submission internally and to USAID. S/he will also provide technical support to the Consortium partners in terms of compliance with USAID’s financial management reporting.
- Graduate of Accounting, CPA is required
- At least 5-7 years of experience in finance department, 3 years of which from an international organization or non-profit sector.
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyze complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Excellent understanding of grants management and financial systems and procedure. Experience in handling a USAID grant is preferred
- Experience in a digital environment and knowledge in the use of accounting packages (i.e. Agresso)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; written and verbal fluency in English
- Ability to adjust and work on tight deadlines
- Can work well in a team setting and can work collaboratively in finding solutions that will benefit the collective
- With strong personal and work ethics
- Politically, culturally and gender sensitive, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Willing to travel to any part of the country as needed for the Project and maybe requested by Save the Children Philippines for its humanitarian respons
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to the values, mission and principles of Save the Children.