Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the finance officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. He/she will be responsible control Post-boxes i.e. USD and AFA from Field Offices and entering them in Agresso accounting software, follow up of financial transaction vouchers on monthly basis, provide vouchers to auditors and flexible to travel to provinces when needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Be responsible to control Post-boxes i.e. USD and AFA from Field Offices and entering them in Agresso accounting software.
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs
- Responsible for daily invoice posting into Agresso Software.
- Proper checking of (Project code, Account code, Activity code, Cost centre, Res#, Donor account, Supplier ID and description) before posting of cost into system.
- Responsible to maintain BRS filling and all supporting documents like bank statement, cash count and bank reconciliation sheet in hard and soft on monthly basis.
- Responsible for follow up of outstanding balance of the organization.
- Responsible for preparing of rebooking request.
- Be responsible for filling and follow up of financial transaction vouchers on monthly basis.
- Provide vouchers to the auditor upon request
- Timely advice to field offices in case of errors in prior consultation with Finance Coordinator
- Replace Finance Officer (Cashier) in absence of both Cashier and Support Officer.
- Be flexible to travel to field offices as and when necessary.
- Be responsible for all Accounting/Financial matters in absence of Finance Coordinator
- Assist Finance Coordinator in his/her work when necessary.
- Ensure that budgeting, accounting, year-end procedures and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the Accounting.
- Make sure that all the costs are booked according to the project timeline
- Make sure that costs are booked correctly and data feed to system is 100% accurate and free of error.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- University degree in finance field. Experience from working in senior finance management level
- Experience from working in finance Accountancy
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, Pasto and Dari both written and verbal
- Solid Knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust