Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Be responsible for verifying of payments to contractors, & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC Financial policies and procedures.
- Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain all financial records properly (hard copy and soft version).
- Verification of staff salary payroll, perdiem, overtime, travel and other allowances.
- Shall arrange hawala agent/money exchanger for transferring money to NRC office, and beneficiary payments.
- Shall verify all purchase requests and cash advances.
- Supervise, monitor the postbacks and report on monthly basis to SO Finance Department.
- Shall do cash counts, reconciliation, pending checks and report to SO on monthly basis.
- Establish control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement.
- On time payment to of tax to MTO account.
- Be responsible for correction of errors in report as and when necessary.
- Shall participate in all suppliers biding selection committees.
- Induction training to newly hired staff (finance) when needed.
- Monthly reporting to Finance coordinator related to finance section activities.
- In coordination with PMs prepare bimonthly forecast and obtain an approval from AM and then send it to SO finance for final approval.
- Request SO for transferring the money from SO to Kunduz office bank account.
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures (Finance).
- Support project staff in financial matters (Finance).
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Ensure that budgeting, financial reporting and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements.
- University degree in finance or relevant
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- At least 4-5 years work experience in finance field.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Education field
- Education title: University degree in finance or relevant
- Personal qualities
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected