Finance Reporting Manager
Internews Network, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the VP of Accounting, the Finance Reporting Manager holds primary responsibility for managing internal and external reporting for direct project expenses. Basic objectives include reporting from accounting department records, tracking funder reporting requirements, preparing and reviewing project reports. This position interacts with program management and funders to identify, investigate and document discrepancies in actual project expenses versus project objectives. In addition this position may support a wide range of other duties within the Finance and Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee preparation of internal project reports to program and Internews management team, including review and investigation of discrepancies.
- Oversee preparation and submission of reports and invoices to funders, including supporting documentation as required.
- Act as primary point of contact to funders regarding financial reporting follow-up.
- Prepare other annual regulatory reports, including US Census Annual Services Report, US Census Report of Organization, and Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts.
- Maintain the project reporting requirements schedule in partnership with Grants and Contracts and ensure that all changes are reflected in Agresso.
- Oversee the invoicing and accounts receivable functions, including invoice follow up and monthly reconciliations.
- Oversee the timely recording of all award-funded budgets and budget modification in Agresso.
- In coordination with the VP of Accounting, execute the monthly revenue recognition process.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the accounting system to provide assist with report development and provide support to accountants and end users in adopting and learning procedures.
- Act as a subject matter expert on technical GAAP and USG regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates in the development and introduction of accounting processes and procedures for continuous improvement of accounting methods.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Four years of previous accounting experience, including 2 years of fund accounting with working application of OMB circulars A-122, A-133 and 2CFR200
- Two year experience working for an International NGO or large government agency
- CPA, CMA or Graduate degree preferred
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Agresso Business World preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team, including mentoring, task monitoring
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments