PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is primarily responsible for supporting WV-Germany’s Accounting, International Finance Management and IPG teams in terms of financial management, financial reporting and analysis, as well as data entry.
Using various reporting and analytical tools as well as databases, this position will be responsible for financial analyses, financial reporting, and data processing (notably in relation to World Food Programme) required by WV Germany and its stakeholders.
- Financial management of World Vision Germany’s World Food Programme projects, notably:
- The checking and processing of gifts in kind and distribution cost reimbursements.
- The planning and transfer of match funding.
- The pro-active follow-up with the relevant persons in case of missing information or inconsistencies.
- Handling of SA data base for financial tasks such as booking of SAs, follow up of unidentified SA charges etc. as well as optimisation of SA processes and training of new SA data base users.
- Training World Vision Germany staff on relevant FRSC Power BI Reports as well as optimising reports to fit their needs.
- Master data management in Navision based on information received from the IFM Team.
- Provide regular monthly/quarterly/annual reports as well as ad-hoc analysis required by the finance and programme teams at World Vision Germany.
Management of transfer confirmations:
- Collection and execution of monthly confirmations for the National Offices relating to the monthly transfers from World Vision Germany to the field.
- Tracking and pro-active follow-up with National offices if confirmations are not received on time as well as escalation to team leader IFM.
- Creating and distributing reports out of COUPA Germany for P2P and travel expense.
- Entries into the World Vision International project management system (PBAS) in relation to the products “Gift Notification” (quarterly) and “Bounce Back” (annual). Follow-up to ensure that the commitments are approved by the team leaders. Planning of Bounce Back transfers in Navision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor or University degree in Accounting.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power BI.
- Very good written and verbal communication in English4.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience, preferably in an international NGO or similar environment.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed work environment.
- Excellent ability to prioritise and to allocate time and resources effectively.
- Results-orientated work approach and ability to escalate effectively, if required.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to take ownership/make decisions within area of responsibility.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Navision and COUPA (Provision).
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Financial Systems/Financial Reporting competency and experience with business intelligence software (e.g. Sunsystem and Navision report writer or any equivalent accounting softwares (e.g. SAP) and reporting tools.
- Skilled in preparing complex financial management reports on a timely basis5.
- Work Environment/Travel:
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time (trips for training purposes and potentially during year-end).