Miyamoto International , Mexico
Closing Date for Applications:
Miyamoto International is a purpose-driven firm with a mission to make the world a better, safer place. We are specialized in disaster risk management providing resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. With 25 locations worldwide, we are currently seeking an experienced Finance Specialist for Miyamoto’s international development + humanitarian assistance portfolio in disaster mitigation, response and reconstruction.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
- Thorough reviews of expenses and consultant invoices for donor compliance and Miyamoto requirements
- Compile donor financial reports, including monthly reimbursements for USAID awards
- Compile financial monthly and annual forecast and monthly earned revenue and consultant expense
- Liaise with Miyamoto’s global international development project and country offices to ensure proper financial documentation and timely reporting
Federal Finance/Contract Management and Procurement
- Review of donor awards and consultant contractual agreements and sub-awards to assure compliance with donor/client and company requirements
- Support annual audits, providing documentation/reporting as requested
- Support implementation of procurements in compliance with USAID and other donor/client regulations.
- Degree in accounting; licensed as a Certified Public Accountant advantageous;
- Minimum 5 years project accounting experience;
- Advanced Excel, Adobe and Word skills.
- In depth understanding of contracting relating to Donor and Client defined platforms.
- Extensive experience in the field of international development contracting, USAID contracting a must, FEMA experience a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP, FAR and CFR with strong experience in federal compliance and procurement, preferably related to For-Profit entity.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with remote US-based and global teams;
- High energy with the ability to deliver results independently and successfully as a part of a global team.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.