Danish Refugee Council, Bujumbura, Burundi
Closing Date for Applications:
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Cash Management :
- Ensure that weekly cash flow forecasts / requirements are compiled for all DRC field offices
- Ensure that the Burundi program has sufficient cash flow to its implementation by requesting funding from headquarters within the allotted time
- Check and record the bank balance on a weekly basis
- Follow up with the bank upon receipt of funds from headquarters and prepare the bank transfer letter to transfer funds at field offices.
- Ensure that sufficient petty cash is kept in the office to cover minor expenses in accordance with financial procedures.
Accounting Management :
- Follow up with staff and ensure that cash advances are paid within two weeks of activities.
- Perform weekly cash counts for the office and submit cash count sheets and submit to Area manager.
- Prepare monthly cash accounts for the office on the last working day of the month and submit them to the HoSS on the last working day of the month.
- Compile monthly field office cash counts and submit them to the Senior Financial Officer / Area Manager on the last working day of the month.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis and submit it to the financial manager / HQ on the 7th of each month
- Update the cash book of commitments in coordination with the administration, purchasing and logistics departments, all every two weeks, to ensure that all financial obligations are entered in the BFU and submitted to the HoSS.
- Prepare monthly expenditure forecasts / Projections for the country and share them with Hoss no later than the 5th of each month.
- Ensure payment requests / documents are reviewed to ensure that DRC / donor documentation guidelines (including verification of project code / budget line, availability of funds) are respected; payments are finalized within three business days.
- Examine the monthly staff payroll and import the payroll file into DRC dynamics.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation every month and keep track of issues that need to be resolved
- Monitoring budgets and updating
- Ensure that all payment documents are scanned and sent to the national office in Tanzania no later than the 7th day following the end of the month.
- Process payments in the DRC Dynamics system and on the online banking system.
- Ensure that the mandatory deductions are paid to the competent authorities within the time limits set to avoid any penalties.
- Review all requisitions / purchase orders to verify proper coding and budget adequacy before approving them.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- University degree in finance / accounting / commerce / business administration. Basic Skills - Advanced or Expert
- At least three years of professional experience in finance / accounting / bookkeeping in an NGO or in the commercial sector.
- Fluency in Kirundi, French and knowledge of English and all other languages spoken in Burundi are assets.