Finance Systems Analyst
Pacific Community, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Pacific Community (SPC) invites applications for the position of Finance System Analyst, located at its regional office in Suva, Fiji.
- The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947.
- We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 26 country and territory members.
- In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 25 sectors.
- We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
- The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC divisions and programmes.
- It consists of three key sections: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services.
- OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
- The Finance System Analyst will be based in the Finance section, and will work closely with the Information Communication Technology team to maximise the use of SPC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and MS Dynamics NAVISION system to fully integrate financial reporting across the organisation.
- The position will play a lead role in developing and implementing financial system projects.
- The position will map, evaluate and analyse existing processes and streamline systems to enable divisional collaboration and enhancements in business security, efficiency and accuracy.
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate strong experience and skills in the following key areas
Financial system management
- Administer and manage SPC’s MS Dynamics NAVISION (‘Dynamic Nav’) financial systems and maintain overall system health.
- Evaluate and analyse the existing Finance section organisation, and implement more efficient ways of operating
- Develop and test solutions, with appropriate risk mitigation and quality control
- NAV functionalities
- Design full cost recovery (FCR) processes and integration with Navision General Ledger for accounting of direct and indirect cost recoveries
- Develop financial and analytical reports to enable better financial management of projects and SPC’s finances
- Train users and administer refresher courses on the correct use of the financial system and finance processes.
- Implement other NAVISION functionalities and features to reduce manual processing or reconciliations
- Finance processes
- Ensure documentation of finance processes and workflows are up to date
- Ensure continuous improvement of existing financial processes, and automate these where possible
- as Assume role of finance focal point on enterprise system development projects
- Lead Finance Section on SPC’s financial system projects, such as the implementation of the Jobs Module and Timesheets, and their integration within the payroll system
- Lead the development of enhanced budgeting process using Dynamic Nav functionality, with the aim of implementing a dynamic budgeting process from the project database (Jobs Module)
- Lead the integration of the budget and timesheets to the payroll system, in collaboration with the ICT team
Key selection criteria
- A relevant degree in accounting, financial management or IT. A relevant professional qualification is desirable
- Demonstrated background in the development and improvement of financial processes.
- Ability to work autonomously, to drive change through strong leadership and an innovative approach.
- Proven experience with writing business requirements and test plans and related documentation.
- Strong interest in ensuring accurate data management and being an advocate for the financial system.
- Fluency in English, with a working knowledge of French being an advantage.
- The ability to work with team members from different cultural backgrounds.
Salary, terms and conditions
- The Finance System Analyst is a Band 10 position within SPC’s 2017 salary scale, with a starting salary range of 2,403-3,003 SDR (special drawing rights) per month, which currently converts to approximately FJD 7,016–8,770 (USD 3,340–4,175; EUR 3,038–3,797).
- An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration being given to experience and qualifications.
- Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
- Remuneration of expatriate SPC staff members is not presently subject to income tax in Fiji; however, Fiji nationals employed by SPC in Fiji will be subject to income tax.
- Benefits for international staff employees based in FIJI.
- SPC provides a housing allowance of FJD 1,170 – 2,625 per month. Establishment and relocation grant, removal expenses, airfares, home leave, medical and life insurance and education allowances are available for eligible employees and their recognised dependents. Employees are entitled to 25 days’ annual leave and 30 days’ sick leave per annum, and access to SPC’s Provident Fund (contributing 8% of salary, to which SPC adds a matching contribution).
- Languages – SPC’s working languages are English and French.
- As an equal-opportunity employer, SPC recruits on merit; however if two interviewed candidates are ranked equally by the selection committee, preference will be given to nationals of Pacific Island countries and territories.