Finance Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Nigeria
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC is looking for a Finance Technical Assistant for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Maiduguri and in the field offices
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Finance Technical Assistant reports to the Finance Officer.
- Ensure that cash is kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained and posting of transactions are done on a daily basis and all payment process on time
- Responsible for introducing or removing NRC bank Account signatory.
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures;
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field offices in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through the bank.
- Be responsible for accurate payroll transfer to the bank and follow-up on the transaction on individual staff accounts.
- Be responsible for the release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the keeping of cash in Maiduguri Office
- Preparing daily cash count of Maiduguri office
- Preparing of Cheque and transfer letter to the bank.
- Responsible for clearing of advances and the outstanding balance of staff in Maiduguri
- Preferably a degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Previous (2yrs) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO)
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleague when need arise.
Education field: Finance / Economics
Education level: College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.