Finance Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Tripoli, Libya
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC has been operating in Libya since 2018 with offices in
Tripoli and Benghazi. NRC is providing assistance to Libyan IDPs, returnees and host communities in Benghazi and Tripoli with potential expansion to adjacent districts. NRC Libya is working to deliver variety of programming across the following sectors: Shelter, WASH, and Education. In the course of 2019 options for expanding programming to support the migrant and refuge population will be developed.
Duties and responsibilities
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC. Reports to line manager respective of cash flows and payments.
- Reconciling cash advances, teachers & labour payments.
- Provide cash assistance to new arrivals from NFI area.
- Carry out regular cash count.
- Ensure sufficient cash in the cash box.
- Prepare voucher and documentation related to cash box and supplier payments.
- Checking and processing labours and teacher’s payments in the fields when needed.
- Participate in cash distributions when needed.
- Assist in the month-end accounting closing process, ensuring the accuracy and
- completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation.
- Scanning and filing all transactions related.
- Supporting finance staff when needed.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- We are looking to hire an energetic, dynamic and communicative candidate,
- with a university degree/diploma in Finance or other related fields, with at least one year of relevant job experience. Someone with previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts . Additional useful skills include: Strong organizational, excellent analytical and communication skills, good computer skills in Microsoft office (MS Excel, Word, and outlook) should have. Written and spoken fluency in Arabic; proficiency in English.