The finance technical officer will contribute to the day to day implementation of the finance unit responsibilities, including salaries, annual and project audits, project summary reports, and month closure.
Duties and responsibilities
Generic responsibilities :
- Contribute to the understanding of all NRC’s Financial, Administration, and Logistics policies and procedures and ensuring the correct implementation of policies and procedures by NRC, oPt
- Ensure that NRC’s donor’s financial rules and regulations are adhered
- Contribute to the understanding of the NRC projects in oPt, and the reporting deadlines
- Responsible for all NRC audit including annual audit and project audit
- Implement the monthly Project Summary reports and prepare cash flow forecasts and requests for transfer of funds
- Responsible for month closure
Function specific responsibilities:
- Lead the accountancy work at national level
- Follow up on international payments to clear account 1560.
- Responsible for all WB & Gaza reallocations, clearing advances.
- Checking the transactions according to the Budget versus actual and legibility of cost.
- Prepare CO & HO Z distribution, exchange rate revaluation, BRS and responsible for the closing of the month.
- 6-Responsible to allocate the international salaries and costs to NRC projects and ZERO the intermediate project.
- Prepare the national salary calculation for all the areas.
- Responsible for tax rules and regulations for national and international staff, also for consultant and deduction at source.
- Responsible for preparing and loading the international time sheets.
- Responsible for Shelter Cards Distribution with Gaza.
- Responsible for updating and distributing Authorization Table.
- Responsible for MoI yearly report and requirement.
- Support staff Capacity Building for both Jerusalem & Gaza offices.
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a qualified candidate with a bachelor degree in accounting, finance or any related filed. Minimum of two year experience from working as a technical officer in a humanitarian /recovery context. Previous experience from working with main donors. Knowledge of the Palestinian and Israeli taxation laws. Good command of English and Arabic, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Hebrew language is required.
The following personal qualities are essential for the position :
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change