About the position:
DRC / DDG has been operating in Niger since 2014 with a cross-border border management and security program in the Liptako Gourma region (border region between Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger) with the aim of reducing armed violence. improve community safety and strengthen border management in collaboration with communities and border authorities. Since 2015, DRC has been implementing a Rapid Reaction Mechanism (RRM) program, with assistance with shelter kits / BNAs, protection monitoring, training and awareness raising on human rights and human rights issues. food security through general food distributions. Since 2018, DRC has extended its RRM program to the Tillabéri region, where it implements intervention activities of
Finance Trainee focuses on the country and ensures compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines in the country. He / she contributes to the development of country strategies, which translate into action plans and daily tasks. He / she provides technical support and / or advice to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Its main obligations and responsibilities will be:
Transfers and payments:
- Make sure all payments are made on time and in accordance with existing DRC forms.
- Ensure that all payments meet the requirements of national legislation and work with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure that tax requirements are met accordingly
- Ensure payment documents comply with the DRC's internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure adequate transfer of funds from the DRC headquarters in Copenhagen to the country office
- Ensuring that all expenses are part of the DRC's dynamics on time and of the highest quality
- Ensure that cash books are updated daily to reflect the current status of existing cash and bank balances in all currencies.
- Make sure all statements are close together
- Ensure an adequate filing system for financial documents
Budget control, planning and reporting;
- Develop and ensure the implementation of cost sharing tools
- Liaise with program managers on regular budget monitoring
- Prepare and use budget control tools for regular budget monitoring
- Prepare and assist in the publication of donor reports
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting
- About the applicant
The success of this mission, requires you:
- University Master's degree in the field of Finance / Accounting
- An interest in the humanitarian sector
- Excellent knowledge of Excel tools
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure and under stressful conditions.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English