About the position
DRC / DDG has been operating in Niger since 2014 with a cross-border border management and security program in the Liptako Gourma region (border region between Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger) with the aim of reducing armed violence. improve community safety and strengthen border management in collaboration with communities and border authorities. Since 2015, DRC has been implementing a Rapid Reaction Mechanism (RRM) program, with assistance with shelter kits / BNAs, protection monitoring, training and awareness raising on human rights and human rights issues. food security through general food distributions. Since 2018, DRC has extended its RRM program to the Tillabéri region, where it implements intervention activities of
The "Finance Trainee" is based at the coordination of the Niger mission. She. He is hired to assist with:
- The volume of the financial activity
- Compliance of the financial activity
- The proper consideration of the financial aspects in the development phase and then the follow-up of the projects
Its main obligations and responsibilities will be:
Transfers and payments
- Make sure the payments you are responsible for are made in a timely manner and in accordance with the existing DRC forms.
- Ensure that all payments for which you are responsible meet the requirements of national law and work with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure that tax requirements are met accordingly
- Ensure payment documents comply with the DRC's internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure proper transfer of funds from DRC's coordination office in Niger to the base offices
- Contribute to the right expense information in Dynamics (timeframe, rule compliance) all expenses fall within DRC dynamics in the time and of the highest quality
- Contribute to the daily update of cash books to reflect the current status of the existing cash and bank balance in all currencies.
- Contribute to the reconciliation of statements of account statements
- Classify financial documents appropriately for financial documents
Budget control, planning and reporting
- Participate in the development and implementation of the implementation of cost sharing tools
- Contribute to budget monitoring in relation to project managers
- Prepare and use budget control tools for regular budget monitoring
- Prepare and assist in the publication of donor reports
- Contribute to the development of new proposals and provide costs for budgeting
About the applicant
The success of this mission, requires you:
- University Master's degree in the field of Finance / Accounting
- Interest for the humanitarian sector
- Excellent knowledge of Excel tools
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
In this position, you must demonstrate the five core competencies of the DRC:
- Strive for excellence: focus on achieving results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaboration: involve all relevant parties and promote feedback.
- Take initiatives: Take responsibility and initiatives while aiming for innovation.
- Communicate: Listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrate Integrity: Act according to DRC vision and values.