Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Financial Accountant will work alongside the Director of Financial Management to ensure the accuracy, completeness and consistency of financial information throughout the finance and operational systems. Ensuring that processes and procedures are fit for purpose and are compliant with Accounting Standards and other regulatory body requirements. You will have a methodical mind and a hands-on approach. Using strong communication skills to maintain positive relationships across the wider business.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of data with regards to EMEA General Ledger balances
- Responsible for ensuring that the month-end reporting process runs smoothly
- Responsible for the production of weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts for submission to Head Office
- Responsible for the production and accuracy of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Responsible in ensuring all statutory returns are completed timeously
- Assisting the Director, Financial Management with monthly and ad hoc analysis for the Business Partners
- Working alongside the Director, Financial Management to improvement processes and procedures throughout the EMEA region
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Accounting Standards and other applicable regulations
- Providing project teams with guidance in relation to taxation and VAT issues
- Working alongside the Director, Financial Management to ensure audit compliance
- Responsible for production of external client reporting
- Assisting the Director, Financial Management with other ad hoc assignments, as required
- Relevant academic qualifications (ACA,ACCA)
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Highly skilled at using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build collaborative working relationships with individuals across multiple disciplines
- High standard of written and verbal communication skillsDesirable
- Knowledge of project costing & revenue recognition
- Previous experience of building cross functional relationships
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.