This position will support a number of current and future projects in the Global Education portfolio. The Financial Analyst, III will work closely with the finance director, operations team and program managers in ensuring the timely completion of both internal and external finance tasks. The Financial Analyst, III will also support operations and program tasks as required throughout the Global Education portfolio of projects. This role will be responsible for communicating with high-level staff, field offices and external stakeholders.
General Tasks: Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Office and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well- being of the projects. Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor's requirements. Oversees sub award management and responds to inquiries; support the grants manager in preparing, tracking and monitoring large grants program. Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Works with operations and programs team to support travel, consultant and procurement processes as needed. Supports Business Development teams in developing, tracking and updating budgets. Compiles data and prepares financial reports. Reviews and processes final cost objective requests. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for management and field operations. Works directly with the Finance Director and Finance Team on monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables. Responsible for analyzing performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance and presenting results.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable financial and accounting statutes and regulations; specifically experience with USAID and USG programs
- Interprets and applies laws, analyzes information, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Reviews and inputs financial data and final cost objectives, account information into accounting software systems
- Analyzes, reviews, and distributes financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Supports multiple teams, able to multi-task roles across finance, program and operations, supporting administrative teams, managing processes and generally working with program teams to ensure tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of financial and operational systems; ability to strategically engage processes, adapt and improve them
- Provides support for field programs by conducting trainings on financial systems and processes as needed.
- Works with regional staff to help them understand and improve financial processes and systems as needed
- Monitors Country Offices cash flows and fund transfers by processing cash account analysis
- Reviews sub recipient financial reports by reconciling US based sub recipients with the General Ledger accounts; tracking grantees, monitoring financials and communicating any necessary changes.
- Assists with startup, on-going management and closeout of grantees and subs
- Responsible for interpreting, analyzing and/or evaluating data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Supports cost share processes, monitoring and reporting as needed; works closely with the costshare team to track targets and manage new opportunities
- Has in-depth technical and administrative knowledge and is able to defend analyses to management.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 8+ Years of progressively responsible financial analysis and pricing experience in a government contracting environment
- Strong communications skills in English both oral and written form required; excellent communication skillset that allows relationship building both internally and externally.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems
- Advanced skills in Excel and other data management software; ability to organize, simplify and manage large data-sets to provide summary data to management
- Demonstrated team experience in finance or accounting department preferred
- Experience with USAID and USG programs preferred