IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In FY17, we delivered a record $19.3 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to help end poverty and boost shared prosperity.
The Treasury Client Solutions Department provides IFC’s clients with innovative forms of local currency financing with a focus on the development of domestic debt markets to help increase the capacity for long-term local currency investment. The group has global responsibility for derivative transactions (cross currency swaps, interest rate swaps, currency forwards, and Eurodollar futures), structured products (securitizations, covered bonds, credit guarantees, risk participations, structured debt funds and similar structures), and debt capital markets including IFC's own local currency bond issuances.
IFC is conducting a search for a Financial Analyst to join the Treasury Client Solutions Department in Singapore focusing on the Asia Region (ie East and South Asia)
IFC offers rewarding careers in a challenging environment that allows for professional and personal growth with:
- An exciting opportunity to work in key areas of strategic priority within IFC;
- Exposure to a wide variety of transaction structures, asset classes, sectors and markets;
- Client focus with potential to participate in due diligence missions and negotiations;
- Work in a truly multicultural environment within IFC;
- Join in IFC’s mission to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, creating opportunity and improve people’s lives;
- Exposure to cross-currency derivatives markets, local currency bond issuances, as well as structured finance transactions covering various asset classes and geographic markets;
- Facilitate first-time transactions in emerging markets.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop and help senior TCS Asia staff structure, and execute transactions to provide local currency financing solutions to IFC’s clients through debt capital markets, structured products and local currency derivatives;
- Build and maintain internal models linked to Treasury Products. Participate in building relationships with key stakeholders, including international investment banks, local banks, capital market firms, investors, and regulators, at a senior level;
- Market treasury products to internal and external clients, regulatory agencies, and banks;
- Conduct market intelligence of local and international debt capital markets;
- Assist Senior Officers in managing the preparation and execution of IFC’s local currency bond issuances and associated approval process;
- Design, maintain and improve financial models to structure, evaluate and price innovative transactions;
- Assist Senior officers in providing training and knowledge management services to internal and external clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least 3 years finance experience, preferably in fixed income (including derivatives) and/or structured finance (securitizations, credit guarantees, risk participations, structured debt funds and similar structures), within an investment bank, rating agency, or other capital-markets related entity;
- Strong quantitative background, solid theoretical or practical knowledge of FX and Fixed Income markets, and/or structured finance, and enthusiasm for the development of domestic capital markets;
- Ability to multi-task and to pay attention to detail under tight deadlines and strong oral and written communication skills;
- Sound business judgment and strong negotiation skills, and good track record in transaction execution in an investment environment;
- Experience in emerging markets and/or familiarity with IFC’s investment process would be a plus; Focus on South and/or East Asian markets is an advantage
- Willingness to travel frequently;
- Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter with proven capacity for teamwork;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Bloomberg or Reuters is a plus;
- Fluency in English is a must. Additional language skills would be a plus.
IFC values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of IFC member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.