Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Office and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well- being of the projects. Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor's requirements. Oversees sub award management and responds to inquiries and assist in trainings. Carries out unit finances to proactively guide and support respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Compiles data and prepares financial reports. Reviews and processes final cost objective requests. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Responsible for analyzing performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance and presenting results. Ensures and provides financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable financial and accounting statutes and regulations.
- Interprets and applies laws, analyzes information, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Seeks explanation for variations in the data.
- Reviews and inputs financial data and final cost objectives, account information into accounting software systems.
- Creates, reviews, and process program budgets.
- Analyzes, reviews, and distributes financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides support for field programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Works with Global Program Management (GPM) staff to help them understand the financial aspects of the assigned Country Offices.
- Monitors Country Offices cash flows and fund transfers by processing cash account analysis, ensures adequate funds are maintained within each program, processing wire transfer requests to field offices and ensuring timely transfer of funds.
- Manages sub recipient financial reports for assigned Country Offices by reconciling US based sub recipients with the General Ledger accounts.
- Reviews and analysis sub award tracking system, manages US partner payments and collaborates with GPM staff on financial close outs of sub recipients.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Familiar with basic principles of financial management, budgeting, investment capital, risk analysis, debt management, generally accepted accounting principles and/or investment analysis.
- Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
- Provides basic or general oral and written information.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with industry representatives, co- workers and others.
- Interacts with internal and external clients/customers using both oral and written communication skills to discuss financial processes or issues.
- Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
- Presents oral and written testimony on basic issues.
- Communicate structured information in a clear, concise, and organized manner suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships that foster organizational success.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes financial information and other data.
- Reviews and documents compliance with laws and regulations.
- Reviews, examines and prepares documents.
- Researches, investigates and analyzes data.
- Prepares written findings; presents recommendations supported by facts.
- Functions within defined guidelines and procedures to resolve routine issues, and to make independent and logical decisions and/or recommendations.
- Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities.
- Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- External and internal audit requests are met timely, without outstanding issues.
- Work is closely supervised.
- Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- Elevates to supervisor any unusual problems encountered in the financial analysis process.
- Keeps supervisor updated on project status, discrepancies, and any unusual situations that will impact timely completion of reports or projects.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 3 - 5 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in a government contracting environment.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, and in ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience required.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%