Responsible for supporting FHI 360’s corporate level financial planning and analysis function. Provides expertise in the coordination, compilation, and analysis of budgets/forecasts, including the processes associated with Indirect, Unrestricted and Program expenses along with sources of revenue. Designs, implements, and continuously improves the interdependent processes associated with planning and analyzing expenses, revenue and rates. Creates dynamic templates, financial models and reports that support a wide range of stakeholders and decision making. Helps manage the Annual Planning and Budgeting process. Completes budgets/forecasts as needed and assists managers in the completion of departmental budgets/forecasts. Proactively assists in capacity building by providing financial management and systems training to finance and non-finance managers, including one-on-one training, classroom training, training via Teams and the preparation and maintenance of written materials. Improves the overall value of financial reporting by providing managers with information and not just data. Analyzes data to identify variances, drivers, trends, opportunities, and risks. Defines and tests assumptions that support timely and objective decision making. Models complex business issues to assist managers in decision making. Establishes and maintains strong customer relationships and completes various ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable financial and accounting statutes and regulations.
- Interprets and applies laws, analyzes information, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures, and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Seeks explanation for variations in the data.
- Reviews and inputs financial data and final cost objectives, account information into accounting software systems.
- Creates, reviews, and processes budgets.
- Analyzes, reviews, and distributes financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for interpreting, analyzing, and/or evaluating data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Has knowledge of internal corporate policies and procedures as well as applicable external regulations.
- Experienced using systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff, management, and consultants.
- Interprets and provides explanations for discrepancies and variations in data.
- Superior ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Analyzes, budget and forecasts, and compiles moderately complex data.
- Applies knowledge of financial management, investment capital, risk analysis, debt management, and investment analysis, legal and regulatory compliance pertaining to the respective task, as needed.
- Applies information technology to facilitate program goals and program procedures.
- Delivers formal presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Interacts with staff, management, and consultants to analyze or resolve issues.
- Maintains a variety of professional working relationships.
- Documents complex issues and effectively articulates written conclusions.
- Interacts with staff officials and executives.
- Reviews and edits work of others.
- Presents oral and written feedback on moderately complex issues.
- Applies knowledge of applicable information technology to perform the required duties.
- Evaluates systems of control and recommend improvements/changes.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Analyzes moderately complex business operations and financial statements.
- Reviews and determines compliance with policies and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems; identifies substantive issues that are thoroughly and accurately researched and analyzed.
- May review and analyze recommendations from peers.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Supports internal and external audit requests.
- Explains variances in a concise manner.
- Works under very general supervision.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Recommends and/or makes selection decisions.
- Develops implements and improves work plans as needed.
- May serve as a coach or mentor to employees in the department.
- May provide some on-the-job training.
- Bachelor's Degree or the International Equivalent.
- 5 - 8 years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.