With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
We are looking for a French-speaking Financial Analyst to help us provide support to PSI’s new Foundation Markets Department. With country programs in Haiti, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Madagascar, & Somaliland, the Foundation Markets team supports exciting global health projects funded by a multitude of donors.
We are looking for an Excel expert, who has finance acumen and strong business and analytical abilities. The Financial Analyst plays a critical role in connecting financial data to program data to “tell the story” of the country’s projects. The Financial Analyst will monitor and analyze financial data to inform risk mitigation and provide timely, thoughtful financial insight to aid program management decisions. This position will be based in Washington, DC and requires some overseas travel to countries in the region.
- Lead financial analysis to identify trends, flag potential issues, and recommend actions to senior management.
- Collaborate with the program management team to perform the Monthly Project Financial Review (MPFR) and analyze project budgets, actual expenses, commitments, obligations, and burn rates.
- Coordinate the creation of quarterly and annual forecasts, monitor the pipeline of bids and proposals, and perform a gap analysis.
- Maintain a dashboard to monitor the financial health of the region, including surplus/deficit, program income, and overhead.
- Lead development of the department’s piece of the annual operating budget (corporate budget). Lead the quarterly reviews of annual operating budget progress for senior management (surplus/deficit meetings).
- Review financial reports prior to submission to funders.
- Review and process Operating Advance Requests (monthly cash request) from field offices.
- Coordinate with other members of the HQ Finance team to resolve errors on transactions that prevent them from being imported into the main accounting system.
- Provide quality control for financial management of subawards including reviewing and processing subrecipient invoices and cash requests, with more in-depth monitoring when required
- Assist in developing project budgets in collaboration with the program management team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with country teams and HQ departments.
- Ensure and provide financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Travel to field offices up to 15% to assist in training or hands-on finance support, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of professional work experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in French
- Demonstrated analytical skills and financial expertise
- Expert Excel user, including pivot tables and advanced functions; familiarity with data query tools is helpful (Access, SQL)
- You are a team player who smiles and encourages others through easy and tough tasks
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Icing on the cake:
- You have worked with Francophone countries
- You are familiar with USAID and Global Fund rules and regulations
- You have professional certifications in accounting or finance
- You have experience with QuickBooks Enterprise and Infor Lawson