FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The position coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Office and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the projects within the West Africa and Middle East Regional Office. Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor's requirements. Oversees sub-award management and responds to inquiries and assist in training. Carries out unit finances to proactively guide and support respective financial success by providing high-level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Compiles data and prepares financial reports. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Responsible for analyzing project financial performance trends. Ensures and provides financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Responsible for interpreting, analyzing and/or evaluating data to monitor risks and ensure compliance to internal and external policies and regulations, applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Responsible for reviewing financial terms and conditions of contractual agreements to monitor project compliance and mitigate risk
- Responsible for identifying gaps in financial operations and developing solutions to address them
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Provides support for field and HQ programs through on-site and/or live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Analyzes sub-recipient commitments to identify potential financial risks or concerns
- Has a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes cost share documentation to monitor compliance and mitigate risks; provides audited consolidated figures for official external/internal reporting.
- Ability to pull and analyze financial data from various sources to perform in-depth analysis, produce reports and develop financial models.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other Enterprise Services departments, consultants, management and staff
- Provide on-sight support, training and/or assistance and provide short-term assistance during staffing transitions.
- Independently evaluates and makes recommendations on fiscal and operational policy. Determines service impacts and analyzes the regulatory environment to makes recommendations on best practices. - Uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Implements and evaluates statistical models, systems and serves as a trusted advisor to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Related Field.
- 5-8 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis and pricing experience in a government contracting environment.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Demonstrated team leader experience in finance or accounting department preferred.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Science or health-related field experience preferred.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO) experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate and professional manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English. Fluency in French, Arabic and/or Spanish is preferred.