World Bank Group, Chennai, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
Position: Financial Analyst
Duties and Accountabilities:
The TRE Operations Chennai (TRECH) is an integral part of TRE and is responsible for a variety of duties providing vital support across its operational divisions. It works closely with the Headquarters in Washington D.C. Under the guidance and supervision of a Team Lead and/or Functional Lead, the Financial Analyst will have responsibilities for specific individual tasks/projects as well as for working as an integral part of the team in executing TREOP’s work program, while maintaining close relationships with the other Treasury departments.
His/her primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, some combination of the following activities to support any of the business lines in TREOP’s operational division:
- Work with 65+ entities including World Bank Group, Treasury’s external client base, and official institutions in the area of accounting within an asset management business;
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of accounting data, systems and reporting deliverables;
- Prepare and review Monthly Investment Income Allocation, Trial Balance and Investment Holdings reports and monthly reconciliation of Investments and Net Asset Value per World Bank's records to corresponding records of the Custodian
- Prepare daily system-to-system reconciliations and controls reviews, investigate control breaks and communicate findings promptly to ensure proper follow-up and timely resolutions of any identified differences and exceptions;
- Prepare daily reconciliations of Investment and Asset positions between the World Bank's records and the corresponding records of the Custodian;
- Ensure daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end deliverables and other ad-hoc reporting requirements for Treasury's worldwide clients are properly and promptly met;
- Validate the reasonableness of daily valuation of Swap trades and perform back testing and analysis for securities sold from the investment portfolio;
- Oversee maintenance of the Static Data in the reconciliation systems and the investment management back office system;
- Manage projects such as reconciliation system upgrade as the leading business SME;
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve productivity through cost savings, automation enhancements or by seeking scale economies in Treasury Operations’ activities;
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors;
- Participate in Treasury Operations projects and business initiatives;
- Assist in the development and implementation of changes to TRECH procedures, processes, and standards. Ensuring that all business processes, procedures and internal controls in the unit are properly documented and complied with;
- Communicate effectively with TREOP colleagues and Management both in Chennai and HQ on the status of all assigned activities; and
- Other ad hoc tasks as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a financial institution. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with systems that support trading and accounting activities, such as Bloomberg and Summit.
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments including fixed income securities like Mortgage backed securities and fixed income derivatives products.
- Strong project management experience to transition to new systems or upgrade will be a plus.
- Ability to deal with various third parties such as counterparties, custodians, etc. to obtain information.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including excellent excel spreadsheet skills using Pivot tables and vlookups. Ability to develop macros and strong knowledge of crystal report or similar reporting tool will be an advantage.
- Keen to learn, resourceful and passionate about contributing to Treasury and its clients.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly and effectively for maximum productivity.
- Quick learner with high level of initiative, drive and attention to details.
- Proven problem-solving skills with capacity to multi-task, deliver high quality results and respond quickly and effectively to requests.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills with strong commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented and multi-cultural work environment.
- Flexibility to overlap with U.S. hours and work on U.S. holiday calendar will be required to meet reporting deadlines along with willingness to travel to Washington D.C. for training and team projects.
- Highest ethical standards.