The Information Technology Division (CIO) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CIO performs on behalf of the Organization the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO's information and data; protecting FAO's information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization's global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer (IT Strategic Sourcing, Planning & Control group), the consultant will act as Financial and Programme Support Specialist performing the following functions.
The incumbent will provide financial and programme support to the operations of the IT Strategic Sourcing, Planning & Control group of the IT Division.
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Advise CIO on best practices for IT financial process, policies and procedures
- Develop monthly financial statements and planning reports, functional to management meetings allowing strategic decisions
- Implement effective internal control mechanisms to ensure adequate performance of a client-oriented financial management system, monitoring daily financial transactions to be executed in accordance with FAO financial procedures and ensuring proper reflection in organizational accounting system; initiating timely actions for correction
- Coordinate divisional finances to ensure effective Work Plan and budget performance consistent with FAO rules and procedures;
- Provide support on best practices for internal financial, planning and control processes, work planning activities and improvement of relevant procedures
- Record accounts and monitors divisional expenditures, commitments, balance and forecast;
- Ensure proper reflection in organizational accounting system; initiating timely actions for correction
- Liaise with relevant collaborating departments on matters related to payments and financial reports verification
- Support in handling procurement activities and processes in line with divisional budget;
- Document the processes above;
- Contribute to other IT budget & financial planning and related control processes
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- For PSA: University degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or Public Administration or closely related discipline
- For consultant: Advanced university degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or Public Administration or closely related discipline.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the following, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian Working knowledge of English
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in financial and programme related position
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Relevant experience in finance and programme related position;
- Prior employment at similar positions in FAO will be an advantage
- Familiarity with organization ERP-system will be an advantage (Oracle, iMIS);
- Working Knowledge of FAO rules and procedures will be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
Selection Criteria: Additional technical training in budget, accounts or CPA qualification is an advantage