Financial Business Systems Analyst
FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Financial Business Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting all advanced functionalities within the Deltek ERP Suite. The focus of this position is to work closely with project managers, business managers and end-users to understand business objectives, processes, and context to design solutions and provide high-level support. The activities include but are not limited to project management, end-user support, documentation, testing and maintenance of applications and interfaces.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONTRIBUTIONS:
- As a member of the COMPASS Helpdesk, provide second level support to the global users of all the enterprise financial systems as well as have a good understanding of their design and interrelationship.
- Troubleshoot advanced application malfunctions.
- Responsible for ensuring proper functionality of the system.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining complex system interfaces.
- Act as Project Manager and team lead to resolve complex process issues.
- Document system maintenance processes and keep them up-to-date.
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements.
- Lead system testing activities including creating, executing, and documenting test cases, as well as reporting and/or compiling findings.
- Create standard and custom reports and conduct advanced modeling to identify key variances, drivers, and trends for managers to use in decision making.
- Set up processes and reports to ensure data quality.
- Support and/or lead departmental learning initiatives.
- Maintain a process of continuous improvement and innovation to increase the effectiveness of financial reporting tools.
- Prepare written and oral analysis and recommendations for management on complex issues.
- Identify problems and changing requirements regarding business processes affecting system design and recommend solutions.
- Responsible for mentoring, assisting and on the job training for the Financial Business Systems Analyst I and II.
- Establish relationships with peers inside and outside the organization to ensure “best practices” are being optimized.
- Responsible for ensuring FHI360 is adhering to external audit requirements.
- Serve as a backup for the Financial Systems Administration and Support Manager.
- Support the completion of various complex ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedule when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; and following proper escalation paths.
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive) as well as assess business process and system inefficiencies on a regular basis.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
- Minimum 8+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis & reporting work, in addition to broad Enterprise Resource System (ERP) experience in a corporate office.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in Computer Science, Accounting and/or Finance and at least 8+ years related work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Costpoint experience strongly preferred.
- Data analysis – Must have proficiency with SQL and advance Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working on large scale projects desirable.
- Experience with process and workflow documentation required.
- Accounting knowledge required.
- Broad Enterprise Resource System ERP) experience in a corporate office required.
- Works independently under minimal supervision.
- Requires off hours (evening/weekend) testing and validation.
- Experience in customer service and experience troubleshooting end-user technical problems.
- Superior communication skills. Prior experience with international or cross cultural context is strongly preferred.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Domestic and International Travel might be required up to 25%.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.