Human Appeal International, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice, and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.Now over 25 years old, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Since 2013 HA has set up an office in Turkey. HA is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflict in Syria. HA works in a variety of sectors which include; education, food, and livelihood, WASH, shelter, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Syria programmes financial accounting environment is in compliance with HA policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, donors' rules and regulations and legal requirements.
- Ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in safe and secure conditions in the field office and sub-offices.
- Reviewing all the supporting documents introduced by the partners for payment and ensuring its compliance to the partnership policies and procedures.
- Reviewing the monthly bank reconciliation
- Reviewing the monthly payroll sheet.
- Reviewing the bank and cash on hands in the main office and all sub-offices.
- Monitor currency exchange rates and alert management when/if unusual or unexpected changes occur.
- Reviewing the monthly transfer requests.
- Reviewing the fixed asset register.
- Budget controlling.
- Reviewing all financial reports (internal, HQ and donor reports).
- Reviewing the delivery notes and receipt notes of the various goods and items in the HA stores and warehouses.
- Assist and support the Finance Manager and Regional Head of Finance in controlling the cross-charging sheet and HA expenditures coverage.
- Attending the procurement committees.
- Follow up with local banks and External Auditors.
- Cary out other tasks and responsibilities requested by the finance Manager.
- Relevant University Degree.
- Understanding of Financial controls in the charity sector.
- Ability to focus on impact and deliver outstanding results in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time, workload and priorities work to deadlines.
- Excellent in Turkish Language + Arabic or English language.
- Thorough attention to details.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other Financial management systems, as required.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.