Are you passionate about improving financial systems that will improve the way we operate and will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Financial Information System Officer, P2 in Rome, Italy that will be involved in strengthening the team's capacity, and ensuring a continuous and efficient WFP Information Network and Global Systems (WINGS) maintenance and improvement (for finance, budget and programming), and in support to the WINGS project initiatives for Finance Division (FIN).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
As a Financial Information System Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate the FIN WINGS Helpdesk Activities to ensure a timely and efficient resolution of support queries for finance, budget and programming staff worldwide. This includes the following main responsibilities:
- Monitor on daily basis the FIN GSM ticket system and provide timely and accurate guidance on the resolution of issues.
- Conduct preliminary business and technical analysis of more complex technical or integrated support requests;
- Act as Senior Process expert for Finance Budget and Programming to ensure efficient resolution of key integration issues, in particular with Finance, Fund Management, Asset Management, Travel Management, MM-Procurement and other supply chain processes.
- Monitor performance of LPE support in RBs and take action to ensure timely response (including backup for RB during absences of LPEs and alternates);
- Coordinate monthly statistics on FIN WINGS Helpdesk performance.
- Identify FAQs and maintain FIN knowledge database.
Support new FIN corporate projects and new activities:
- Actively participate to planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and roll-out (e.g. ITS Revamp, Quantum).
Maintain FIN authorization profiles and related e-learning material:
- Monitor and review FIN WINGS authorization profiles to ensure alignment with internal control principles.
- Ensure timely validation of non-standard WINGS access requests to guarantee proper segregation of duties (SoD) for all FIN functions in HQ and COs.
- Ensure proper definition and creation of new non-standard roles for all FIN functions in close cooperation with Role Configuration Team. (TECM)
- Support FIN project initiative: (e.g. revision of HQ financial roles, implementation of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) automatic assignment of roles and profiles).
- Coordinate and support E-guide updates for FIN process areas. This includes business process mapping activities, training guides and RACI updates.
Coordinate the implementation of system fixes and improvements with TEC Application Development/Maintenance team:
- Provide detailed documentation;
- Review, analyse and provide input to functional specifications;
- Conduct user acceptance tests and coordinate integration testing activities with various business units.
Support effective and transparent financial management in HQ and field offices:
- Develop new reporting tools (e.g. ABAP queries) on request of HQ and Fields managers.
- Ensure timely and accurate update of existing reporting tools including fixes and small enhancements.
Facilitate WINGS Training courses for Finance Staff:
- Design, prepare and facilitate extended (1 week) WINGS training courses on financial transactions, processes and reports for Finance Staff and LPEs in RBs and COs.
- Prepare and facilitate WINGS financial training for FIN staff and other divisions in HQ on request.
- Improve specific training documentation/tools and train other colleagues in the Unit, to enhance overall FINS training capacity.
- Provide ad-hoc support as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) plus specialized qualifications and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3 years of experience in the implementation and support of SAP/ECC Finance modules, in particular Accounts Payables, Treasury, Funds management, Asset management their integration and the related financial reporting tool.
- 3 years of experience in financial management, in particular Accounts Payables, Treasury, and related business processes, such as invoices, payments, cash management; Fixed Assets, Budget Management.
- Experience in project implementation methodologies, standards, tools and techniques (e.g. Agile testing).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills, critical reasoning and strong creative and persistent problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to quickly conduct in-depth analysis on highly complex issues and draw solid conclusions taking into account multiple factors and their interactions;
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and in coordination with others;
- Positive interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with staff at different levels.
- Ability to maintain a steady focus on objectives, establish priorities, plan and organize activities autonomously;
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and handle a large volume of work.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with tight deadlines.
- Good writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
Proven experience in client management:
In-depth technical and functional knowledge:
- Knowledge of SAP systems and SAP modules, in particular, PS/GM/FM/FI/AM/CO/MM/TM/BCM;
- Knowledge of SAP/ABAP programming language and the ability to develop complex ABAP queries;
- Knowledge of SAP role configuration;
- Knowledge of SAP transport procedures;
- Knowledge of user/system acceptance testing;
- Understanding of project implementation methodologies, standards, tools and techniques;
- Ability to define business requirements with functional and technical specifications;
- Good understanding of accounting financial procedures and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Good understanding of risk management strategies to implement effective internal controls;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.