Oxfam Quebec, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Closing Date for Applications:
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promoting the well-being of children, young people, women and men.
Oxfam has a zero tolerance policy against any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do this, Oxfam will make sure to recruit people who demonstrate the same values and expects everyone already working in the organization to share and embody this commitment.
CONTEXT OF THE MANDATE Oxfam-
- Québec is implementing its new voluntary cooperation program (VCP) entitled “Equality in action” in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will run over a seven-year period (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
- The PCV aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in the implementation of inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in the 13 countries. The knowledge, skills and expertise of qualified Canadian volunteers will be leveraged through short and long term assignments with local partner organizations.
- As part of the start-up of its PCV, Oxfam-Quebec is seeking to fill mandates that will support Oxfam teams in the 13 countries of intervention in order to contribute to the development of the implementation plan and the development plan. annual program work. Volunteers will also work closely with partner organizations to establish the program baseline and define our partnership approach.
- Under the supervision of coordonntraice the program Iguales the or the voluntary fulfills its mandate of developing the capacity of financial management of the partners selected as part of the program Equality in Action 2020-2027. According to the strategy , policies, the rules and procedures of Oxfam in Honduras, or the voluntary assumemainly the following responsibilities :
- Contribute to the financial implementation of Oxfam's Equality in Action program in Honduras in close collaboration with program and operations teams, in particular the Women's Voice and Leadership (GAC) and Spotlight (EU, UN-) project teams. Women).
- Establish working relationships with partners in accordance with Oxfam's partnership principles.
- Contribute to the development of financial management capacities of partner organizations including the organization of an update working session on project management.
- Support partner organizations in the preparation of their annual budget, as well as in the monitoring of its execution. Support the development of financial execution monitoring and analysis capacities.
- Support partner organizations in developing budgets for proposals to be submitted to donors.
- Supporting the organizations partners in compliance with the requirements of managing tax and legal Honduran .
- Identify avenues for improvement in fraud prevention as well as best practices in the financial management of partner organizations.
- Supporting the organizations partners in:
- The production of financial reports to donors with their respective supporting documents.
- Preparation and updating of administrative and financial manuals.
- Use of electronic tools for consolidating financial information such as Excel.
- The preparation of reports yearly to present to the Board of Directors and the entity government .
- Supporting the organizations in the preparation and monitoring of visits of control of financial donors , as well as actions followed resulting in assessments and financial audits institutional .
- Contributing to environment that generates of solid working relations team with all the members of the teams and partners Oxfam , under the Code of Conduct , to save , to security , to partnership and other policies Oxfam .
- Apply a human rights-based approach with an active engagement so that women's rights are present in what is institutional.
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
- Be domiciled in Honduras and have
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada
- or citizenship of a Latin American country other than Honduras.
- University training in administration, accounting or others
- Proven professional experience of at least 4 years relevant
- Facilitation and training skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Skype
- Advanced level in Spanish and French
- Experience in facilitating groups
- Adherence to Oxfam-Quebec's mission and values, including the promotion of gender justice
- Experience in international development work.