Financial Manager Nutrition and Health Project
FHI 360, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Job Description :
The financial manager will be responsible for all aspects of administrative and financial management of the project, control and financial compliance in accordance with the directives and regulations of the World Bank, budget monitoring and financial reporting of the project. He / will be responsible for the consistent application of relevant financial and operational policies and procedures to ensure better use of resources by preparing good budgets, tracking project expenditures and submitting financial reports to the donor. accurate and on time. He / she will be responsible for examining the financial reports of the various members of the consortium and for preparing the report to be submitted to the donor. Furthermore,
This position is subject to the allocation of funds by the World Bank. DRC nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Role and responsibilities
In particular, he / she will have to:
- Support the Project Manager in the development and implementation of key management systems that will support the planning, reporting and management of project performance
- Ensure the financial management of the project according to the requirements of the donor (budget preparation, monitoring of transactions, currency flows, compliance, payments, etc.).
- Ensure that all financial plans, invoices, reports and other financial documents and transactions are accurate, on time and in accordance with FHI Solutions procedures
- Conduct the financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders and payment requests
- Ensure that all consortium partners respect the donor rules.
- Perform regular compliance checks with partners reporting to the project manager and provide feedback to partners as needed.
- Prepare consolidated financial reports for submission to the lessor.
- Support and train the financial staff of FHI Solutions and partners on reporting and compliance.
- Monitor budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, purchasing, travel and cash flow
- Perform regular compliance checks with partners reporting to the project manager.
- Carry out all other tasks contributing to the objectives of the project entrusted by the management, the supervisor and the other departments of the project.
Qualification and experience
- BAC + 5 university degree in finance or economics or equivalent in the field of accounting management
- Training in financial reporting and training in software (e.g. Quick books) with at least 5 years of experience in a project funded by a bilateral agency in the DRC
- Proven experience of more than 6 years in accounting and finance positions in the DRC. Experience in DRC or at regional level in post-conflict countries desired
- Experience in managing finance and compliance for complex grants in sensitive contexts
- Proven expertise in internal controls and financial audits
- Demonstrated ability in financial analysis, ideally for Nutrition and Health projects.
- Proven knowledge of reporting procedures with institutional donors including the World Bank and experience in the preparation and review of financial reports.
- Experience in the management, support and training of financial teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects / tasks, tight deadlines, under intense pressure
- Intercultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively in different socio-cultural contexts.
- Ability to balance evidence-based approaches and innovation to adapt to changing contexts.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills in French.
- Ability to work remotely
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT CRITERIA
- Any interested candidate is requested to submit their updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with at least three verifiable professional references (with mention of their functions, email addresses and telephone numbers), as well as a cover letter. Applicants are also asked to attach their jobseeker cards.