Financial Project Controller
War Child Holland, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
‘A hands-on and analytical Finance professional with proven experience in (post)conflict countries’
You are quality driven, analytical and you thrive in a dynamic work environment. You see a due date as a pleasant challenge and with your strong communication skills you are able to hold others to it. It gives you energy. You enjoy working in a multicultural organisation. You are based in Amsterdam and member of the Finance and Operations Support department. You report to the Director of Finance and Operations Support.
- Coordinate and improve the organizational planning and reporting cycle;
- Monitor, analyse and explain the budget-actual variances for country programmes and grants;
- Prepare and verify financial reports and budgets and ensure timely submission to management and donors;
- Improve and support the system of internal control within War Child;
- Ensure global compliance with internal procedures and with donor requirements;
- Train, advice and support the organisation on financial management;
- Develop standards and tools to optimize work processes.
Relevant academic degree:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position within an international non-governmental organization;
- Proven experience with financial donor reporting and donor requirements, preferably EC, USAID, UN, Dutch MoFa and similar institutional donors;
- Excellent understanding of the accounting structure and international organization of an iNGO;
- Proven field experience with outstanding intercultural communication skills;
- Experience with internal audits or assessments of field locations is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written), fluency in French, Spanish or Dutch is an advantage;
- Analytical, structured and with strong planning skills;
- Cost conscious, result driven and a team player;
- Microsoft Excel has no secrets for you;
- Flexible and willing to travel to (post)conflict countries on a regular basis;
- Available 32 to 40 hours per week.
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam. War Child aims to help as many war-affected children as possible. Therefore War Child has a low cost policy in place resulting in salaries below market standard.