Financial Reporting and Compliance Manager
Mercy Corps, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders, and payment requests to ensure compliance with MC policies and procedures and donors grants and contracts requirements.
- Perform compliance reviews of in country processes including procurement, logistics, stock management, and coordinate with the relevant departments to correct and improve as needed
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly cash flow projections.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance and consolidation of office operational budgets.
- Prepare the monthly end grant spending reports (BVAs)
- Consolidate and prepare all financial reports including budget projections.
- Maintain cost sharing files (for cost share documentation) and cost share tracking sheets.
- Review subgrantee financial reports, assist in site audits and follow up on subgrant compliance issues.
- Prepare HQ required reports including but not limited to EPAR, expatriate taxable benefits reports, etc.
- Assist and support the accounting manager in the process review of the month end closing including but not limited to :
- Review of subournals to ensure proper coding of all transactions;
- The monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- The monthly payroll preparation process;
- The monthly allocation of pooled costs.
- Assist and support the accounting manager in the month end and year end closing reports.
- Set-up and maintain the grant files, maintain and distribute current copies of the approved coded budgets to all relevant parties.
- Maintain subgrant financial files, process subgrantee payments and reconcile subgrant financial tracking to general ledger reports.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of finance experience, including budgeting and grant management;
- A university degree in finance, accounting or a related business field is required;
- Strong accounting skills and experience including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet;
- Strong background in compliance, donor regulations, and coordination with operations and program departments;
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting within non-profit organizations;
- Experience in training and capacity building of staff;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel;
- Fluent written and oral communication in French and English.