Financial Sector Expert/Senior Financial Sector Expert - Central Bank Accounting, Governance, and Modernization
International Moneraty Fund(IMF), Washington D.C., United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Monetary and Capital Markets Department (MCM) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has a vacancy in its Central Banking Operations Division (CO) for a Headquarter-based Financial Sector Expert/Senior Financial Sector Expert. The incumbent will be based in the IMF's headquarter in Washington, D.C. The appointment is for a contractual term of two years, and can be extended to a maximum of four years, subject to budget availability and satisfactory performance. The Central Bank Operations Division in MCM provides analysis and advice focusing on the operational aspects of central banking, including the conduct of monetary policy and foreign exchange market operations; the management of official reserves; financial infrastructure; and central bank accounting issues, governance, organization and modernization. The division will provide technical assistance, surveillance support, country reviews, and development and dissemination of best practices and policy positions.
- The candidate selected for the position would be expected to participate in MCM's technical assistance and financial sector surveillance activities focusing primarily on the area of central bank financial strength. The candidate will be expected to understand central bank balance sheets, review and advise on central bank accounting, financial reporting and capital adequacy practices, and would also contribute to areas of central bank internal audit, currency reforms, and more broadly central bank modernization. In addition, the candidate will be involved in reviewing and preparing new central bank laws and related regulations primarily in the area of accounting, capital, and national currency (in collaboration with the IMF's Legal Department).
- A university degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- A recognized accounting qualification
- At least eight years of experience in a central bank that includes publication of the central bank’s annual audited financial statements.
- A proven experience in the delivery of technical assistance will be desirable.
The candidate should also be:
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Possess the diplomatic and presentational skills necessary to represent the Fund in high-level international gatherings.