Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
The candidate will be expected to:
• Participate in the preparation, appraisal and implementation of financial sector projects under the F&M work program in Malaysia.
• Contribute to analytical and advisory activities on financial sector development policy issues of F&M projects out of the Malaysia program.
• Play an active role in generation of the F&M Malaysia work program.
• Support the management of the F&M projects out of the Malaysia Office, including monitoring and impact evaluation, and reporting to all relevant stakeholders.
• Coordinate with F&M team members and other relevant teams in WBG Headquarters and Country Offices to ensure a timely response to client needs and effective delivery of the WBG F&M Malaysia work program.
• In consultation with other F&M team members in the WBG Malaysia office, build and maintain consistent and constant dialogue with WBG partners, such as the Ministry of Finance, Bank Negara Malaysia, and the Securities Commission, on the best way to leverage the Malaysian experience in supporting financial development in the region.
• Work closely and collaboratively with F&M team in the WBG Malaysia office and provide analytical, research and implementation support to the team as needed.
• As a member of the WBG Malaysia team, collaborate proactively with other WBG global practices and support broader activities as needed and appropriate (especially around high level visits, events, etc).
• Master's degree in a relevant discipline (i.e., finance, economics, public policy, etc.) with 5 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced degree in finance, economics, public policy.
• At least eight (5) years of relevant work experience.
• Good knowledge of financial sector issues and demonstrated ability to engage in a broad range of development and policy issues in areas such as banking, regulation and supervision, financial infrastructure, capital markets, insurance, access to finance/financial inclusion, bank governance.
• Solid analytical skills as demonstrated by contributions to policy papers, financial sector studies, reports and strategies;
• A knowledge and familiarity with the East Asia Region and is financial systems would be highly desirable.
• A sustained record of project management experience.
• Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with excellent teamwork and diplomatic skills.
• Strong interpersonal and client engagement skills as shown by good working relationships with government clients, donors, and other state and private sector institutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.