Fleet & Logistics Supervisor
World Vision, Bamako, Mali
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
Provide logistical support and ensure effective & efficient fleet management for all vehicles and motorcycles at World Vision Mali.
Major Responsibilities :
- Provide day-to-day monitoring of drivers and planning for various transportation needs including field trips.
- Regularly monitor the performance of each Service Center vehicle, including BSC.
- Coordinate the management of maintenance and repair services for World Vision Mali vehicles and generators with selected garages and repairers.
- Keep the fleet of cars / motorcycles up to date and ensure that they are used in an efficient and judicious manner (make recharging requests and a good follow-up of TOMs CARDs through a good report / analysis of fuel consumption).
- Participate in the Annual / Global Asset Audit organized by the Global Center.
- Ensure that all topographic data (GPS Address - Occupied Space) of the National Office and Residences is evaluated by a company for the purpose of REAM verification.
- Update administrative documents for vehicles (including those of expatriates), equipment, materials and various products at customs level in collaboration with the transit office.
- Take inventory of WVM assets on a regular basis and support the disposal of obsolete assets at auction, rejection of obsolete and unnecessary assets / items.
- Organize safe driving training for Transport Assistants & WVM vehicle drivers.
- Facilitate the rental of vehicles.
- Establish a management, information, protection, allocation and control system for vehicles and drivers and ensure that the logbook for mileage is completed. (Use of tracking table and GPS for vehicle tracking).
Qualifications: Education / Knowledge, Technical Skills and Experience:
- The following knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired through a combination of formal education, self-education, prior knowledge or on-the-job training.
Minimum qualification required :
- A minimum bachelor's degree in management, transport & logistics, Business Administration.
- At least 2 years of experience in management, logistics and fleet management work.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn from others, train others and work as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate in a precise and clear manner, both written and spoken.
- Must have computer literacy with proven skills in Excel and word processing.
- Must have 2 years of experience in the same field.
Skills and Technical Capabilities:
- Know the local highway code and travel routes in Mali;
- Have the skills to test the practical driving of new users of WVM vehicles;
- Speak and write French fluently, knowledge of English is an asset.
- Must have computer knowledge (Word, Excel).