Purpose of the position:
To maintain accurate commodity accounting records of all food commodities movement including receipts, loans, inter warehouse transfers, dispatches, distributions and losses and beneficiaries by gender and age served with food and non-food, Gifts in Kind.
The FAIRO is responsible for leading the field-based IT operations pertaining to the Last Mile Mobile Solutions (LMMS) technology and Commodity Tracking System. This includes provision of technical support to commodity distribution field staff during field registrations/distributions, in addition to running the LMMS web application to help staff set up new distribution projects, run commodity shipments using LMMS/CTS, and assist in consolidating and generating LMMS/CTS reports including shipment and loss claim registers and loss file. The position will also require delivering systems maintenance, testing new software development for filed deployment, soliciting client user requirements and assisting with new/upgraded installation
The holder of the position should communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
LMMS system operation
- Oversees wireless connectivity issues between mobile devices, routers and roaming servers in field operations, trouble shooting where necessary.
- Ensure correct functioning of LMMS in beneficiary registration, enrollment, household updates and commodity distribution activities. Troubleshoots technical problems as they arise (including forcing the movement of filed data to permanent data repositories).
- Ensure backup of field data collection and ensures safety of data collected in field operations by password control to databases and encryption of laptop data where required.
- Help administer LMMS system users within the project in coordination with the commodity officer/manager.
- Serve as technical point of contact/support for food monitors and reports back to the core system delivery team on state of field deployments
- Work with software developers and software partners in new systems development
- Install LMMS in roaming servers, mobile devices and perform system data updates as required for field use.
- Report technical failures, help to replicate problems and lead field installations with system upgrades/new releases.
- Document technical shortfalls within the existing mobile product offering and with new version release.
- Prepare LMMS reports and forward them to relevant departments within WVTZ and LMMS global IT
Reviewing and Consolidation of Monthly reports (CTS)
- Assist in consolidation of Monthly commodity reports from te field into the CTS database in order to produce major reports (CSS, CSR, RSR, LSR) to donors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely submission of the replication and backups which include field reports, warehouse reports etc. by 5th of every Month for timely consolidation at the national office.
- Updating FGDB project progress reports
- Liaise with CO’s to ensure timely submission of beneficiary lists and backups by 10th of every Month.
- Maintain a neat, organized and chronological filing system, ensuring that hard copies of the recommended reports are available and easy to access at any required time.
- Updates shipment registers and shipment receipt summaries to make sure the soft copy and files are up to date for easy accessibility on Monthly basis
- Update the loss claim registers and loss files to make sure that the soft copy and files are up to date for easy accessibility on Monthly basis.
- Make frequent visit to the field locations to assist in CTS documentation and accountability.
- Collect all the receipts and dispatch summary, truck inspection reports, loss reports, physical inventory, warehouse inspection report, distribution summaries and distribution center visit reports.
- Responsible to verify physical inventory for all the warehouses to ensure that the commodity book balances match the actual stock in the warehouses and explanations provided for any variances.
- Prepare and review invoices and any other cooperating partner reports
Coordination and Collaboration
- Work closely with the center supervisors, Nutrtion assistants and commodity officers/field coordinators on all LMMS/CTS issues.
- Work closely with the global LMMS support personnel in all aspects of the technology readiness and rollout, in addition to providing feedback to and receiving technical instructions from the LMMS field based system support and developer officers on IT upgrades, maintenance and new developments.
- Administration of LMMS asset control procedures.
- Participate in a forum of IT support staff for LMMS/CTS for sharing common experiences and troubleshooting technical challenges 10
Capacity Development Lead capacity development with field staff to ensure adequate LMMS/CTS coverage.
- Work with the Assistant FAIRO to supervise and provide training for all other PRRO staff especially
- Represent the national office in Food Assistance forums as adviced by NO management.
- Perform any other duties as required by Commodity Officer or his/her designee 5
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- required: The holder of this position must have a minimum of bachelor degree in Accounts, Business administration, computer science or IT or other related course from a recognized University
- 3 years of food and non-food commodities tracking, accounting and reporting.
- Solid background in the window operating system – windows 7 / 8 in particular. Comfortable invoking, stopping or restarting system services, installing and uninstalling software, creating user groups and setting up user privileges.
- Knowledge of relational Database Management Systems- Exposure to MySQL Query highly desirable, including use of Database Management Tools (Such as MySQL Query Browser and Administrator).
- Ability to troubleshoot IT problems-both hardware and identified software failings. Aware of how to log, track and systematically troubleshoot IT problems.
Preferred: Experience in USAID, UNWFP, UKDFID or any other donors food commodities and financial resources online tracking, accounting and reporting system
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent Computer skill
- Online or digital tracking system for accounting and reporting in advantage.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Very comfortable supporting end users.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and understanding.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with an attention to details.
- Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written)
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office environment: typical Field Based
- Travel: Domestic travel is required.
- On call: During normal working hours unless there is an emergency.