Frameworks & Grants Adviser
IRC, Amman or London, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
As Frameworks and Grants Advisor you will provide support on the overall implementation and management of the IRC-UK’s Humanitarian Framework Agreement (HFA) with Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency). This position sites within the Frameworks team in the Programme & Grant Support department in the Awards Management Unit (AMU).
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide high quality grants management and compliance support to the implementation of the Sida Humanitarian Framework Agreement (HFA) throughout the full project cycle, including the development and submission of funding applications, monitoring grant performance and expenditure, leading on review and compilation of narrative, financial and audit reports.
- Support on overall management of the HFA with the Senior Frameworks Manager; contributing to strategic engagement with the donor and support on growing the IRC’s Sida Humanitarian Framework Agreement funding.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to Senior Frameworks Manager
- Close working relationship with the Head of Frameworks and other Frameworks Managers
- Coordinates with and supports across the AMU pillars – especially Regional Grant Advisors (RGAs), Grants Advisor - Technical Unit Awards, Regional Grants Directors (RGDs), Senior Program Development Advisors (SPDAs) / Program Development Advisors (PDAs), and the Compliance and Policy team.
- Works closely with Finance colleagues and the Programmatic and Learning Advisor
Scope and Authority
As Frameworks and Grants Advisor you have the authority to make decisions within the parameters of donor policy and procedures, referring any non-routine and complex matters to the Senior Frameworks Manager.
This position does not have budgetary or line management responsibilities.
- Acting as an internal focal point for any issues related to the implementation and management of the Sida Humanitarian Framework Agreement under the guidance / supervision of the Senior Frameworks Manager.
- Handling and cultivating professional relationship with Sida HFA focal point and relevant staff from the Humanitarian Unit by serving as one of two IRC focal points for Sida; facilitating meetings and engagement as needed; providing updates on implementation and grants management issues and supporting in preparing materials for briefing events and meetings.
- Addressing queries in relation to implementation issues and standard compliance questions (e.g. visibility, budget variance, reporting deadlines, and procurement) in coordination with AMU Compliance and Policy pillar.
- Reviewing and submitting correspondence and amendments to the donor in a timely manner, including narrative and financial reports; Cost Extension, No Cost Extension, budget realignments, project changes and critical updates, ensuring that all documents and information submitted are high quality and compliant.
- Leading on the submission of Sida framework narrative, financial and audit reports; producing templates, guidance and timeline; involving relevant internal and external (audit firms) stakeholders and ensuring that donor requirements and quality standards are met and reports are submitted on time.
- Collating inputs for framework proposals, write proposal sections, consolidate and edit inputs from colleagues, including on the Rapid Response Mechanism, if required.
- Preparing and consolidate budgets, and coordinate internal reviews and approvals before submission.
- Producing quarterly internal financial management updates and analysis on interim reports.
- Updating and maintaining internal systems for data management.
- Contributing to AMU/Unit work plan and delivery of specific projects.
- In collaboration with Finance and the Senior Frameworks Manager, reviewing Budget versus Actuals of the Quality Assurance and Learning component; ensuring the use of correct coding on expenditure and regularly update spending plans.
- Participating in country and project visits to monitor progress on HFA grants.
- Supporting the project team with event arrangements (participants, venue, etc.).
- Supporting the development and management of other frameworks.
- Other duties as required.