The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, SSC and the direct supervision of the business process leads will participate in detailing and understanding business requirements and processes, detailed process flows, and develop implementation plans with the business units of FAO.
The functional analyst will be required to work across multiple operational and technology groups internally, and working with clients externally. The functional analyst will document the business requirements, high and intermediate business level processes and determine the optimal configuration for the identified Oracle Financial, Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Procurement modules.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The functional analyst will act as cross-functional architects and will lead the business analysis activity to align the business processes of FAO to selected system solutions.
- The functionality of each Oracle module will be compared with the functional requirements gathered via analyzing the key business processes.
- Identify the integration points between Oracle modules in particular in the area of Oracle SCM and Oracle Financials.
- Coordinate collection, analysis of data utilizing a variety of techniques to gather information about the current state, best practices standards, and desired future processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions and work with process owners and other subject matter experts to identify scope of processes to be examined, define business requirements, establish success criteria, etc.
- Identify improvements and develop recommendations/solutions that allow senior management and process owners to make decisions about new best practices to ensure realization of improvements.
- Coordinate with the Business Process Owners and other key stakeholders to develop project plans to improve key areas such as Oracle Receivables, Payables, Fixed Asset and Cash Management and main SCM modules.
- Proactively monitor project statuses and intermediate deliverables and escalate issues to management and stakeholders.
- Coordinate creation of process maps – current/future – with insights from cross-functional team members, to identify opportunities/dependencies, and then use this data to make recommendations to improve processes.
- Prepare testing plans for functional requirements and coordinate testing activities with stakeholders and concerned business units and collects information on validation of results.
- Perform other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Project Management or other relevant disciplines or relevant certification
- Five years of relevant experience in Finance, HR, Procurement and/or Project Management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for COF.REG. Working knowledge of English for PSA.SBS.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in Finance/Accounting, HR or Procurement
- Extent and relevance of experience in project management
- Extent and relevance of experience in Oracle ERP Solutions.