Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Description of duties:
- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, Corporate Applications and the guidance of Business Process Analysts, the incumbent will be responsible for functional support and maintenance of GSM in the Hire to Retire area.
- The incumbent will work closely with the business focal points, system support vendor, hosting partner and the release administrator to ensure smooth running of day to day GSM support operations.
- Collaborate with business focal points and users for the GSM operations support in Hire to Retire area.
- Follow-up on critical customer incidents, associated customer communication, activities and any appropriate escalations.
- Monitor the ticket volumes, backlog, trends, support team's day to day activities and productivity.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of weekly status reports.
- Support and participate in testing and resolution of any issues or problems.
- Take handover of new features/functionality to the Support team from the point of go-live.
- Provide the required support to the Supervisor and the Business Process Analysts for handling the audit queries.
- Support and handle application maintenance activities such as analysis amp; application of patches, security patches, hotfixes amp; minor upgrades released by vendors etc.
- Work effectively with Release Administrator on business application system maintenance and downtime, activity scheduling, etc. and ensure adherence to Release management procedures.
- Troubleshoot, analyse and resolve system and user problems.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
- First level degree in accounting, finance, management, engineering or related discipline.
- ITIL formal accreditation.
- Oracle related certification / courses.
- Advanced working experience in 'Hire to Retire' or other related Oracle ERP modules.
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills, with aptitude/sound judgment for creative problem solving.
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of prioritizing own workload in a high pressure and time constrained environment.
- Customer focused with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude to learn new skills and adapt to newer technologies.
- Familiarity with reporting solutions.
- Familiarity with PL/SQL language.
- At least one year of relevant working experience in "Hire to Retire" or any one of the related Oracle ERP modules.
- Release 12 Oracle E-Business knowledge.
- Experience in working in a Shared Service Centre / Global Support Help Desk would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of WHO-specific GSM customizations.
- Experience in WHO rules and procedures.
- Experience in working in a multicultural team, supporting a global user base and working with outsourced service providers.
- Expert knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Working knowledge of another WHO official language such as French would be an added advantage.