UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, AN ADVOCATE:
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life— in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions— her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens— addressing inequity— not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nation.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world's thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference. Under the general supervision of the Fundraising Manager and the direct supervision of Fundraising Officer, Digital, the incumbent will assist in developing fundraising strategic plans and implement one time and pledge donor digital acquisition activities. This includes using digital, mobile, and social media techniques to acquire quality individual donors to ensure the growth of new pledge donors to achieve an ultimate goal of maximizing the number of new donors acquired and the related net income.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Assist in developing donor acquisition strategies/tests, and implementation using digital and any other applicable online platforms to acquire quality individual donors.
- Draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carry out related operational tasks ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as agreed plan, and make amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Provide support in organizing a day to day briefing and dealing with contractors, suppliers, outsourced staff and relevant personnel within and/or outside the office to develop well-planed donor-centric communication materials and implement donor acquisition campaigns through digital and other applicable online channels to persuade individuals to become regular monthly pledge donors.
- Use PSFR team resources, provide support on evaluation of the performance of each activity and present expenditure and budget and progress against plans.
- Assist in identifying new fundraising opportunities and create plans to implement them (once approved put the plan into action in a timely and effective manner).
- Research, analyze, verify, and synthesize data and information to assist in the preparation of fundraising reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing existing and new channels. Also, identify best practices and lesson learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building in the area of work.
- Support capacity development activities related to performance monitoring for contractors, suppliers and outsources. This also include knowledge related to internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures.
- Provide overall administrative support to the team such as screening incoming correspondence/telephone calls, arranging meetings and drafting related minutes, maintaining the filing system, etc.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Impact of Results:
- The incumbent shall function within the rules and regulations. Decisions involving deviation from them requires consultation with and guidance from the supervisor. Briefing of and coordination with contractors and suppliers shall be based on the agreed upon direction, conditions and objectives.
- The incumbent is expected to provide to the supervisor recommendations on alternatives and ways within the framework of the organization’s established rules and regulations to improve the function under his/her responsibility for better effectiveness and efficiency of the unit and the office.
- Ineffective coordination and management of suppliers can result in delays and impact PSFR fundraising revenue. It may also impact relationships with suppliers, and subsequently UNICEF’s reputation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: Completion of secondary/ vocational education with additional training in a relevant field.
- Work Experience: A minimum of six years of relevant experience in the field of supporting digital and online sales / marketing and / or preferably fundraising combined with some administrative work experience.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in written and spoken English and the language of the duty station.